Most Read Technical Articles
- Technical Article List
- OILS: 2 Stroke Vs. 4 Stroke Synthetic vs. Non-Synthetic
- Carb Sensitivity and Pipe Bang
- DUAL RING PISTONS VS. SINGLE
- Polaris CFI-2 Pistons and how long you should let it "Warm Up" (controversial)
- Cranking Compression Vs. Octane Requirements
- Polaris Piston Myths vs. facts and "Fix Kits"
- Is your clutch lying to you?
- DOES YOUR FUEL INJECTED SLED REALLY NEED A FUEL CONTROLLER? ARE THE PRE-PROGRAMMED CONTROLLERS OFFERED REALLY RIGHT FOR YOUR ENGINE?
- Torque-Line 600/700/800 Ski-Doo Head Instructions
We have been doing some VERY custom Head Mods to various Vintage MX AND STREET Bikes.
Since 2 Stroke technology was literally, in its infancy in the 70's, the engine designs are a true reflection of how much was NOT known about the 2 stroke engine at that time
We have found that the combustion chamber (Head) is one area where HUGE performance gains can be realized on these Dinosaurs!!
In most cases, we have to weld the chamber in with special alloy and then completely re-shape the combustion chamber to a design that allows for a MUCH more efficient combustion process and utilizes our Patented combustion chamber design.
After this mod is finished, ALL of the Pro-Riders have been able to pull 1 gear higher around the entire track!! Along with this added gear, they have all realized easier starting and ,best yet, a Serious increase in power throughout the ENTIRE RPM range!! This mod is noting short of AMAZING~
Do not take our word for it.. Search the internet on all the vintage forums and see what the riders are saying about this awesome mod!!
We have PROVEN chamber designs for ALL elevations and ALL octane requirements for the following Engines:
1) Maico 490
2) Maico 440
3) Maico 400
4) Maico 250
5) Honda CR480
6) Honda CR500.. we also have a billet head for the 500 water cooled
7) CZ 400
8) Suzuki RM500
9) Suzuki RM250 (Full Floater)
10) Suzuki RM400/465 (NOTE: We can not weld this cylinder due to it special alloy)
11) Suzuki TS500
12) Suzuki GT 750 (water buffalo) We mod your stock head to accept billet inserts
And the list continues to grow as we get the engines in for testing!
COST? $275 if we do the welding. If you are capable of doing the Welding, the the cost is $175.00. Not much $$$ for the amount of added performance you will obtain!
This is absolutely the BEST mod you can do for performance on your Vintage MX Engine!
See below for 1 review...
74 440 Maico